Consider Joining the Music City Power Squadron
AS A USPS Member...
you may enjoy many affordable and comprehensive programs that increase their boating knowledge and skills, have more fun, and connect with fellow boaters through a variety of educational and social activities. With USPS membership, you receive:
- Boating education to help you become a more competent and safer boater;
- A wide variety of comprehensive courses and informative seminars to advance your skill and knowledge in boat operation and maintenance;
- Savings of 20% to 50% or more on these courses and seminars;
- Flexibility in scheduling your education through classroom instruction, on-line courses, and on-the-water skills training;
- Interaction with a group of experienced boaters who know how to have fun “ raft-ups, cruises, picnics, and get-togethers; and
- Savings on boat insurance and many other products and services.
If you have not taken a boating course, you will want to go to the Courses tab and learn about more. Then, click on the Events Calendar page to see when the next course is scheduled. Or you can request more information on our courses or pre-register for an upcoming course by clicking here. You can also contact one of the members on the bridge by going to the Contact Us page. One of our members will call contact you.
The USPS course is also available for home study, as an online/CD or as a video. If you would like to obtain the Americas Boating Course online/CD course click here, call 1-888-FOR-USPS or contact the Education Officer.
If you have already taken a home study (online or video) version of the USPS course, but have not yet taken the examination, contact the Education Officer , and arrangements can be made to take the exam.
Upcoming Events and Educational Opportunities:
See Events Calendar for details for these events and more.
8 May - TWRA Presentation
20 May - Vessel Safety Inspection and Cook Out
3 June - Vessel Safety Inspection at Cedar Creek Yacht Club
10 June - Raft Up - Spencer Creek
21 August - Solar Eclipse Raft Up
UPCOMING EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES - No Dates at this time
SAFETY TIP ON ELECTRICAL SHOCK DROWNING (ESD) BY DIY AC SAFETY TEST FOR BOAT AND DOCK OWNERS. All boat and dock owners must check your AC electrical system for stray current that could cause electrical shock and potential death to swimmers. It could save a life.
2016 Bridge Leadership
Cdr Ray Alley, AP-IN
Squadron Education Officer -
Lt/C John Miller, AP-IN
Administrative Officer -
Lt/C Barry Cleveland, AP
Lt/C Bobby Naylor, AP
Assistant Secretary for I.T. -
Flag Lieutentant -
1/Lt Jane Malatak, P
P/C Bruce MacDonald, AP
1/Lt Jack Rubey, S
Rules Committee Chair -
P/C Ken Holbert, AP