Monday, 20 June 2016
Electrical Shock Drownings are on the rise. It hit home when one of our member's neighbor was shocked as she jumped into the lake from their dock. Her father realized what was going on and shut off the power to a battery charger that was being used to charge the boat battery. This can happen at any time so be diligent and check your appliances, electrical wiring, and test your GFCI protected outlets annually. If you use AC current on your boat, install a "polarity indicator" to monitor your boat AC electrical power.
Clck on this link to see how easy it is to check your AC electrical system. Safe boating to you and your family!
Posted on 06/20/2016 10:19 PM by Barry Cleveland
No comments yet.
Upcoming Events and Educational Opportunities:
See Events Calendar for details for these events and more.
January 19 - 21 - Nashville Boat Show at Music City Convention Center
February 11 - Change of Watch - Bravarian Beirhaus
UPCOMING EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES -
February 3 - ABC Beginner Boat Class
March 3 - ABC Beginner Boat Class
April 7 - ABC Beginner Boat Class
SAFETY TIP ON ELECTRICAL SHOCK DROWNING (ESD) BY DIY AC SAFETY TEST FOR BOAT AND DOCK OWNERS. All boat and dock owners must check your AC electrical system for stray current that could cause electrical shock and potential death to swimmers. It could save a life.
2018 Bridge Leadership
Cdr Ray Alley, AP-IN
Squadron Education Officer -
Lt/C Randy Stone
Assistant Education Officer -
1st Lt Art Chapman
Lt/C Barry Cleveland, AP
Lt/C Bobby Naylor, AP
1/Lt Jane Malatak, P
1/Lt Jack Rubey, S
Assistant Secretary for I.T. -
Flag Lieutentant -
Administrative Officer -